What do these car really have?

listen people, everyone knows this already, but my dog can probably run faster than a civic... bimmers are the bst with no comparison. i have an old 90' 325i and i fly by civics all day. ive raced a volxwagen golf turbo and beat it. bimmers, like "some" other german cars, are performance cars. not to be mistaken with the coolest 120hp civic with the most annoying exhaust u can find. SIKE lol civics are pieces of shiznat bimmers 4 life.

Dnz

we should put your speech into a letter and mail it to all the ricers. Some guy with a 'cool' FTO with a fart exhaust was 'racing' me at the lights. Yes he did beat me, however, i am the owner of the 1600cc stock nissan pulsar BEAST with 3 speed power hahah

He only got ahead my like 2 car lengths tho till we hit like 100...

The whole time i was thinking 'oh i wish i had my bimmer now, id show his ass'

but i dont

so i continue to scratch together everything i earn, waiting for march to finally arrive.

*sniff*

epj3

Dnz said:
we should put your speech into a letter and mail it to all the ricers. Some guy with a 'cool' FTO with a fart exhaust was 'racing' me at the lights. Yes he did beat me, however, i am the owner of the 1600cc stock nissan pulsar BEAST with 3 speed power hahah

He only got ahead my like 2 car lengths tho till we hit like 100...

The whole time i was thinking 'oh i wish i had my bimmer now, id show his ass'

but i dont

so i continue to scratch together everything i earn, waiting for march to finally arrive.

*sniff*
Hehe, hey atleast you made "its" day [rofl]

looks like everyone covered everything already.. nothing left for me to say.. [:(]

Oh wait.. nevermind... [:D]

If you plan to get any kind of forced induction.. go with the 325 manual... but if you plan to remain NA.. then go with the 328... but like others said. the price of a used 325 + turbo is about the same as an M3.. a turbo'd 325 will easily beat a stock e36 M3... but.. insurance on an M3 is a lot higher.. which is why some people prefer to go with a 325/328 and have FI..

A 325 with the 3 basic bolt ons will be able to keep up if not beat a stock 328... driver skill pending of course.. average 0-60 time for a 328 seems to be 6.4 on the 5 speed... seems like only the really good drivesr are able to get the 6.2 .. i dunno what the 325 stats are...

Compared to your dad's V6.. the bmw is faster even though it has less HP at the crank.. and the suspension will be tighter as well... I'd actually suggest suspenion as your first mod actually, because you'll be buying an older car which may have a sagging suspension and you may get the wrong (negative) impression of the cars handling characteristics... although putting the hammer down on weaker cars may be fun [paranoid] .... bmw's aren't meant for the drag thing.. they're meant for the track with lots of twisties..[driving] [hihi] ..

Typically.. people steer clear of Dinan mods because they're overpriced... but bmw does honor the warranty of a dinan tuned car... that's really the only benefit..

In short, if you plan to stay NA.. go with a 328... getting FI will be okay on either car.. i don't think there's any turbos for 328's on the market (unless custom).. a turbo'd 325 will blow away a S/C 328 probably.. but... turbo's are about twice as expensive.. also.. keep in mind.. some FI kits are more agressive than others..For exampl.... a Dinan S/C for 328 gives 271 bhp.. and upgrades it to M3 type performance (although that's 31 more HP than a stock e36 M3.. it still is slightly slower by 0.1-0.3 seconds in the 0-60).. however the AA S/C produces 322 BHP.. well beyond M3 Power...

anyway.. check here for some applications (arguably the best BMW tuner) :
http://www.aatuning.com/supercharged/E36-325isupercharger.asp

Last edited:

SandyM5

94 325i V anything

I have a 1994 325i stock with Dinan chip an M3 Lower control arm bushings. Car puts out 210hp and 210 torque. I raced camaro once at speeds going over 120mph the camaro could not go any further. stability problems. The most powerful car I ever raced was a 911 carera and we were pretty close after 3th gear he left me. but dont be foolish by the 325i look. tat car has a serious performance. and the quality is worth of milions of camaros!!

By the way. 0-60- 6.0s Quarter mile at 14.4s

Last edited:
Re: 94 325i V anything

SandyM5 said:
I have a 1994 325i stock with Dinan chip an M3 Lower control arm bushings. Car puts out 210hp and 210 torque. I raced camaro once at speeds going over 120mph the camaro could not go any further. stability problems. The most powerful car I ever raced was a 911 carera and we were pretty close after 3th gear he left me. but dont be foolish by the 325i look. tat car has a serious performance. and the quality is worth of milions of camaros!!

By the way. 0-60- 6.0s Quarter mile at 14.4s
Dinan's website says 207 hp and 210 ft/lbs for a chipped '94.

Check it out: www.dinanbmw.com

I have the same car, with the same chip, and doubt it is faster (indeed, I would guess it is a tick or two slower) than 6.8 sec. to sixty, and 14.9 in the quarter (I haven't measured it with a G-Tech or taken it to the drag stip, I go to the race track, but I digress), and that is probably stretching it. Email Dinan and I expect they will tell you the same.

I don't know where you get your numbers, but 6.0 seconds and 14.4s is on par with a stock 95 M3 5-spd. Take a look at the numbers on the new 330i;even the PP doesn't put up #s like that, with its 235 hp (and not enough extra weight to be down on power/weight vs. the chipped E36 325i).

As for your 'race' against a 911 Carrera, there are a host of things that could account for you staying with him to sixty miles per hour. This assumes that whatever 'encounter' you call a race involved the other driver attempting and/or succeeding in making the 911 perform at its limit.

The more mundane and earlier 911s, i.e. 911Es, 912s (for all I know you raced an old four-banger and didn't know it), do not accelerate that quickly by today's standards. You could be fooled by that smog-stranged '74 that looks like an 89.

Otherwise, had the person been trying and succeeding at driving the 911 properly, he would have left you earlier.

I love my car, but I think you are misinformed. YMMV.

[:)]

waznihk

1992 BMW 325i

I have a problem with my 1992 BMW and anybody can help me with some advice.
the cae has only 113,500 miles, it is bought directly from Germany BMW factory. I had an accident in the front, and I fixed it everything - that costs about $ 5,000.00. The car has been riding very good, everything is in very good shape. However, I suddenly had a problem with the car, looks like gear slip some time. The car RPM up to about 4 and the car is not running, but when I touch the shit and shake it, the gear goes in and OK again. I was told this is the transmission problem. If any one who can advise me for the cost effective repairing, pls let me know. Thank you

Last edited:
waznihk said:
I have a problem with my 1992 BMW and anybody can help me with some advice.
the cae has only 113,500 miles, it is bought directly from Germany BMW factory. I had an accident in the front, and I fixed it everything - that costs about $ 5,000.00. The car has been riding very good, everything is in very good shape. However, I suddenly had a problem with the car, looks like gear slip some time. The car RPM up to about 4 and the car is not running, but when I touch the shit and shake it, the gear goes in and OK again. I was told this is the transmission problem. If any one who can advise me for the cost effective repairing, pls let me know. Thank you

Sorry for your troubles dude...but BAHAHHAHA, this thread is 2 years old, hahahhah

Mine is a '92 (non-vanos) with a chip, and intake..Alas,its also an auto....still, its a terrific car and I am actively seeking an early M with a 5 speed. They are amazing cruisers, and if you get into a twisty road its a lotta fun. They go where you point'em, and they stop like you ran into a bag of sand....enjoy