Defeating the Blip Throttle Shifting

Has anyone found a way to shut this off no matter what driving mode the car is in? I find it annoying and overly aggressive. Several times a downshift has resulted in a surge forward when engaging the clutch. I much prefer to blip the throttle myself.

I've read in the magazines that it can be defeated by turning off all the nannies. What steps must be taken to get it into this mode? Using Sport+ doesn't shut it off.

If you have the 6MT, all you have to do is turn off DSC and it will disable rev-matching.

Has anyone found a way to shut this off no matter what driving mode the car is in? I find it annoying and overly aggressive. Several times a downshift has resulted in a surge forward when engaging the clutch. I much prefer to blip the throttle myself.

I've read in the magazines that it can be defeated by turning off all the nannies. What steps must be taken to get it into this mode? Using Sport+ doesn't shut it off.

Turning the DSC off or on in comfort, traction, sport and sport1 does not disable the rev matching on downshifts in my 6 M/T 2017 M2. I just went out and verified it again.

Turning the DSC off or on in comfort, traction, sport and sport1 does not disable the rev matching on downshifts in my 6 M/T 2017 M2. I just went out and verified it again.
I have the DCT, but just to confirm did you hold the DSC button for 5 seconds to completely turn it off?

I didn't hold the button down. The manual says press and hold for no more than 10 seconds until the indicator for DSC off lights up on the dash panel. That always happened immediately when I pressed the button. When the streets dry up I will try again holding the button for 5 or so seconds to see if it makes any difference.

That did the trick, thanks for pointing that out.

I finally got a temp plate for the car today, what few miles I had already put on it were sneaking around avoiding the cops since there were no plates on the car.

After experiencing the OP?s issue firsthand with my M2 I picked up 2 days ago, I find this revmatch feature to be kinda intrusive. And sometimes, it actually makes it harder to get it in gear. The feature does a good job matching the RPM correctly, but as soon as you push the clutch in, the gears slow down. I was hoping with the LCI update, they did something about this feature.

S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car had a $10k ADP but that went away very quickly. I got them to drop it to about $1k under MSRP. It was the last one of their allocation and had been sitting on the showroom floor since June. It had never been test driven, it had 5 miles on the odometer when I drove it.

The salesman said I was the first customer to bring along a radar detector on a test drive he had ever heard of.

Congrats [MENTION=128]scannon[/MENTION], glad you found a car that makes you happy. I was thinking of picking up one of these in a year or two on the used market.