New rims time

Yesterday was a cold rainy day in the afternoon, it was home time (after work) i walked out to the car park and saw that my front left tyre was as flat as a biscuit... great, so as i exchanged my rim for the spare the bloke that looks after our fleet of truck tyres came past and took my rim and wheel off me to repair it, i thanked him very much!
Just today i got my rim and tyre back, the inside wall of the tyre was rooted, the stiches where showing and there was rubber shavings all inside the tyre :(

Long story short, the rim has a crack in it, the tyre was low and i drove on it untill it shat itself, these are the rims that came on the car when i purchaced it a while ago, the rims have been repaired as i can see welding and grinding marks all around, this isn't the only wheel like this either, 2 more are similar on the outside...

The tread on the rims at present are brand new...... So one down, im thinking ill buy brand new rims with the same width and hight as the ones that are on it, and just buy another new tyre. i want my new rims to have an offset that goes into the rim.
What offset is nice, and pics of wheels you guys like on e30's would be good too i dont want to spend BIG, but i have abit of money on hand so gimmi ideas!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I am surprised you did not get vibrations with rims in such bad shape. It is just me but I would not put anymore money on tires with those rims. Maybe buy yourself a good set of rims and buy some cheaper tires for the first set to burn until you get back on your feet, they buy the tires you want.
just my 2 cents