BMWBoard.com new memebrs?

Ok, Ive been a member of this board for a while now and have got quite comfortable with many of the people here, not only in the 3 series section (where i live!) but also outside in the other sections aswell.

We get new members signing up all the time, though i've noticed recently that the bulk of them don't revisit/post after saying "Hi" or asking a question about their car in a specific section of the forum.

I'm a member of other forums too like bimmerforums, revlimited, bimmersport, ECCA, etc.. but always enjoy visiting this forum most!

Anyone else got anything to add? You guys noticed how quite this place is? Whats the history of this place?

Tom

Staff Team
Thanks for the support, believe it or not this forum used to be quite busy at one time. The problem is that some core members have since moved on to other things and we've lost a lot of knowledgeable members.

I try to pitch in as much as I can, but when only a handful regularly participate its hard to retain new members.

Plus those other forums have been around much longer.

Big Daddy

We throughly enjoy our forum and family here, and as Tom has said many of our "experts" have either changed brands and or moved on for other reasons. Although we still have a lot of "experts" here who are more than willing to pitch in as needed. Some people only use these forums to get answers to mechanical questions and once they have it they never come back until they have another problem, that is OK, but they do not contribute to regular discussion. We also have cycles here where things slow down, due to holidays etc. and will later pick back up. Bear with it and continue to post and we will again be a busy place.

I hang out also on Bimmerfest and yes, there is a lot of action ( and reaction) over there...
It seems to me a (lot) younger crowd,... even by my standarts!

You always can count on an honest and respectfull opinion here, and that is what I like on this board!
[clap]

I am only regular on my 'home' forum (which I've been a member of for around 3 years and clocked somewhere around 3-4 thousand posts) and this one. My home forum for obvious reasons as I actually see many of the members every week or so at meets, or simply because they are real-life friends aswell and we catch up off the forum almost more than on.

Here because although I love r3v and e30tech for info, they are TOO busy to keep up with unless you spend an hour or two a day there which is too much time for my hectic lifestyle.

So this "quiet" forum suits me nicely as somewhere different to visit that isn't "home".

I'm still here too, just not an expert at many things manly, well like cars you know.

Happy Holidays everyone..........I'm leaving for China soon too again. Just remember a lot of us read more than we post.

1lowGMC

Well I'm very new here, but I am a forum junkie, I'm sure I'll be fairly active. My knowlege base on BMW's is rather small, but growing. I hope to learn lots here.

Some of us old people are still around...but just read posts, reviews and so on every now and again. Why? Ever had the feeling you had one arm on a partially floating piece of wood 3 miles from shore as you approach the eye of a hurricane just as you realize a shark has sunk it's teeth in your partially floating board?

Well, probably not that bad but it seems that way sometimes. [?|] [rofl]

I think people are still around. It took me like 2-3 months to remember I was going to post to this thread.

Wow I haven't seen Bryan for a long time or maybe I've missed the posts. Good to see ya.

BTW I'm glad a lot of the immaturity left the forum, yes sometimes it was funny, sometimes not. Everyone wants to be a comedian.

I'll be honest on why I don't post a lot anymore, the posts end up on google and I just don't think it should be especially when we are addressed by our real name sometimes. If you have a common name, it would not matter, but not a common name and the posts show your city, it does matter.

I'm still here in spirit though........

Hello and thank you Big Daddy and My Harley, and everyone else.

There have been some discussions that have been inappropriate and out of context for the forum. But I think when people don’t really know one another things can get out of hand.

For me, I have just been trying to work in a circus of sorts. An now we are looking at laying off an entire shift which would have been completely unnecessary had the California people worked better with the Texas people, and they worked better with others, and so on. It’s a sign of too many moves, changes, and not enough planning.

But I am taking advantage of being mobile, having not yet purchased a house, and casting a wider net in different markets.

All of this requires a different focus. This is really what is up with me; it has nothing to do with intentionally avoiding this board or any of the people.

Well, I am an old timer. I know I should have a hell of a lot more post than I do. I did take some time off and haven't been around much latetly as well, but I would still like to think I am still part of the family. Maybe a red headed stepchild or something. It's just that work is kicking my arse and I have a lot of family (kid sports) things going on....

Oh BTW, I bought another car....