Possible out of State purchase

upenya

A yo! I live in SoCal and I'm in the market for a 2004 m3 cabrio. I having a hard time finding a dealer whos willing to go msrp or lower. I've even seen some 03's still on their lots. I know the economy is in the tank right now especially here in cali. I was wondering how much money do you think I'll save if i buy out of state and do either pcd or european delivery?

The 2004 M3 is not out yet. But if you would like to do an out-of-state purchase, usually the dealership requires that you mail them the full check for the car, and then you have to pay for shipping.

I just spoke to my saleman today and he says 2004 M3 will not start to produce before Octorbor, that means you're looking at -- no faster than Janauary next year for picking up. And the estimate starting of 2004 production could be delayed, also.

If you want to consider 2003 M3, I can refer you to a saleman who is willing to sell M3 at MSRP.

The only problem left is -- Do they have the same color / package that you like ?

upenya

I don't mind waiting for the 2004. I hope to make good use of the time by looking for a good deal. So let me make sure I have this right. You don't think the dealers will move on the price because the 04,s are not available yet. (Lets assume I wait until they are)
You don't think there is any money to be saved by going into a neighboring state (where the market is not as hot as socal)and opting for the pcd or ed, and having the car courtesy delivered to dealer in socal?

You will be able to get a deal on a 03 M3. But for a 04 M3, expect to pay MSRP. Buying a car from a different state isn't going to give you a good price, and I highly doubt a dealership will deliver the car to you for free. Most dealerships do not have the means to deliver cars out of state very easily. You are best off just looking at some dealerships in your area and try to get an 03 if you want anything off of MSRP.

achen said:
I just spoke to my saleman today and he says 2004 M3 will not start to produce before Octorbor, that means you're looking at -- no faster than Janauary next year for picking up. And the estimate starting of 2004 production could be delayed, also.

If you want to consider 2003 M3, I can refer you to a saleman who is willing to sell M3 at MSRP.

The only problem left is -- Do they have the same color / package that you like ?
The reason you're not going to get any discount is not because of the year of car, many dealer provide $1000+ discount on '04 330 / 325s.

It's because you're buying a M3, it's that simple. MSRP is probably the best deal you could find. Save your time in searching better deals..

Last edited:

upenya

Sorry guys I did'nt mean to waste your time. I know the m3 is a magnificent automobile.
I guess it's just hard to accept that there is no room to move on price given the state of cali's economy and I still see some 03's on car lots.

I've heard and read some real horror stories about the dealers in socal. The sun and sand they feel like they don't have to deal under any circumstances. I have the money they have the car, I was hoping some middle ground could be found other then msrp.

Guess I'll have to sit tight till october?

I got my 2003 M3 Coupe off the lot (not a convertible) for 1700 below MSRP.

Dealer said I could either have that or if I ordered a 2003 he would drop 1000 off of MSRP.

Maybe its just easier to get a discount here in MA? I had also called other dealerships before my purchase in the area, and they all agreed to knock about a grand off of MSRP for any M3 that I wanted.

Sorry to hear about your issue in CA..

ygtbsm94

If you know someone in the military overseas and can trust them with your money; you might be able to order one for $41,600 before options. Good Luck!