why does my car not start sometimes!?!?

yesterday i was at books a million checking out all the milfs(mom id like to f**k) and reading my fav bmw mags and when i went to leave my car would not start for shit! this is the 3rd time its done this when its hot..could it be my fuel injection relay? sometimes when its hot it hesitates for like 3-5 seconds then starts...or could it be my starter/alternator? thanks for any help!

epj3

Scarface said:
yesterday i was at books a million checking out all the milfs(mom id like to f**k) and reading my fav bmw mags and when i went to leave my car would not start for shit! this is the 3rd time its done this when its hot..could it be my fuel injection relay? sometimes when its hot it hesitates for like 3-5 seconds then starts...or could it be my starter/alternator? thanks for any help!
What noises (if any) is it making? Are the electrical devices (ie radio, lights, etc.) coming on? Is it turning over?

dumb me i should have clarified that! Yes all the electronics work fine when it does it, no sound at all wont even turn over...It really sucked the other day I had to push the car off while my friend popped the clutch for me!

zwasik

Hi

I have the same problem.
When it is hot my car doesnt want to start - and there is no sound, nothing. Only the way to start the engine is by pushing the car.

At the beggining I thought that I have problems with my car battery - but they seems OK - charged enough.

So if anybody knows what is the reason for that - I will be so gratefull knowing it as well.

Zbych

Does this occur when u try to restart your hot/warm engine? could be vapor lock. when its hot out the hot vapors from the gas could render your fuel pump useless. try this next time: unscrew the gas cap all the way and then screw it back on....open the hood and let the engine cool a bit....now try restarting. hope this helps [;)]

zwasik

Ok. I will try as you suggested.

But by sentence "when it is hot" I meant "when it is extremly hot day" - ok I guess the engine was also hot/warm as well.

For example today worked without problems.
OK. Next time I will look more carefully for all symptoms when this problem occurs so I will provide more detailed information. Right now I released that I had this problem (the engine doesnt want to start due to no power from battery) only when it is extremly hot day (around 35 degree).

carcus

1000 Post Club
LOL....did one of the MILF's give you a ride at least?

Have you ever started the car while it was running....that could break off a tooth and cause a dead spot. Not sure if the BMW has a heat shield over the starter, but I know on my Chevy, if the heat shield is taken off, the starter gets hot and will not start.

bmwaddict

Thats definitelly starter solenoid problem, this is electromagnetic device which acually is a high power relay and also enables starter motor initial gearing to flywheel.
You may get away by just cleanig things up there in solenoid, but might need some replacement aswell. Pull the starter motor and take a good look, the solenoid is mounted on the starter motor at the flywhll side, where the wiring is attached.

Good luck.
-bmwaddict
/16-vdubber and addicted to bmw/

epj3

I think you can take the soleniod or soleniod cable off and turn the key, if it sparks then its the starter, if not, then it might just be the soleniod.

bmwaddict

Well, then you could just take good old screwdriver and short those two big power terminals on the solenoid, if the starter runs, then its the solenoid, definitelly. I am not sure if you can access those power terminals that easy on E36, but on some grandpa cars its the way it works ;))
I bet its the solenoid problem, if, of course, the guy has all the lights in dashboard while the ignition get is in starter position.

-bmwaddict
/16v-dubber and addicted to bmw/