MP3 Cd changer

Tour Tec

Hey,
Does anyone know of a good after market cd changer that will play mp3's on my factory nav/radio system. I'm hoping to find one that will actually show the ID3 text on the nav display.( I think its called IDE3 or ID3 or what ever.)

Any Help would be great.
Oh yah, It's for a 2003 330i Preformance package with nav.[poke] [duh]

pushakov will know the answer to this one, but try going to Best Buy. They have exactly what you are looking for, and it will work with your car and they will install it for free if you buy the CD changer from them!

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
Haha I am back!! [:D]

Alpine MP3 changer would be the best way to go.. it costs $380 retail but I found one on eBay for only $250 here:
VISIT AUCTION

If I remember correctly, it said in the user manual that 2001 models and older do not support IDE3 tags... and since I have 2001 model 330CiC, it does not show them... but not sure if it will display them in 2002+ ones.

Oh, one more thing... they will not work with people who have Digital Sound Processing (has a "DSP" button).

You usually do not want to go over 100 songs on those since navigating the list is slow (1 song / 1-1.5 seconds) and there is no easy track skipping. Your display can only read up to 99.

List of common changers:
List of Common Changers

Here is little more info:
http://www.cdchangersonline.com/itm00116.htm

Last edited:
PuShAkOv said:
Haha I am back!! [:D]

Alpine MP3 changer would be the best way to go.. it costs $380 retail but I found one on eBay for only $250 here:
VISIT AUCTION

If I remember correctly, it said in the user manual that 2001 models and older do not support IDE3 tags... and since I have 2001 model 330CiC, it does not show them... but not sure if it will display them in 2002+ ones.

Oh, one more thing... they will not work with people who have Digital Sound Processing (has a "DSP" button).

You usually do not want to go over 100 songs on those since navigating the list is slow (1 song / 1-1.5 seconds) and there is no easy track skipping. Your display can only read up to 99.

List of common changers:
List of Common Changers

Here is little more info:
http://www.cdchangersonline.com/itm00116.htm
[:)]