first ride in an M5

yesterday i rode in an E34 m5, and wow. that thing has such a sweet I6, i may have to find one for my 328is (don't think it would fit, but i can dream)

we pulled about 138-140 in 4th gear. it was sweet

mikev said:
i just been from calis to rome in my dads e34 M5 on the memorial run we managed to pull 163mph on the french highway and there was still more, its the granddaddy of all uber saloons.
Don't forget the E34 is the son of the E28 M5.

I have driven an E34 M5 and damn near bought one. The only thing it lacked, which the E39 M5 also lacks, is the sensation of speed that you get from lighter cars. The capabilities of the M5, particularly the E39, are so immense that the car rarely sees its limits on the street. You don't need to drive it hard to see triple digits in a heartbeat, and you can't drive it at the limit and keep your license for very long.

The E28 is still rough enough that it has a boy racer feel, which becomes more and more elusive as the cars get heavier and electronics take over. I am sure I would love the new active steering on the E60 fiver, but there is something to be said for the old school.

I'd still like to have all three, hell, throw in an E12 M535i and a deposit on the new E60 M5 while we're at it. [thumb]