What do you think?

• Yea!

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Nay!

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • eh, so what?

Votes: 10 15.4%

• Total voters
Supposedly the M4 will be the coupe while the M3 moniker will migrate to the sedans.

From the linked page;
"The new M3 & M4 will use a 400Bhp V8 due on sale in 2006 starting at £45,000 at todays prices, also planned is an Estate (Touring) version to take on it's rivals like the Audi S4, Mercedes C32 AMG & forthcoming C55 seen as a large market share for Tourings. The V8 version is likely to be a 4.0 Litre with drive to the rear wheels & update version of the SMG Sequential Manual Gearbox through the traditional 6-Speed manual. Although heavier than the tradition 6-cylinder engine it will be off-set by the lighter hybrid construction on all new 3 & 4-Series.

The new M3/M4 will be based upon the forthcoming 3-Series due out in 2005 codenamed E90."

epj3

Looks too japanese, but who knows, i think it'll look better in person than in pictures. I wish they'd keep the M3 name to the "M3" line of cars.

epj3 said:
Looks too japanese, but who knows, i think it'll look better in person than in pictures. I wish they'd keep the M3 name to the "M3" line of cars.
It is my understanding that they are revamping the entire line-up with the sedans having odd numerals, 3, 5, 7, and the coupes even, 2, 4 and 6. Thus, in addition to the M4 and M6, we can expect the 635 and 645, and 425 and 430 (if they keep the current engines, which I doubt). The 1-series is supposed to be coming as is a 2 at some point.

I sort of like the upcoming M3/M4 but I need to see the back and profile before I really can say. OUCH.....priced at around $67,000.
That's steep!!!

So what do you all think of that 7-Series Limo? [:0]

gra8fuldd

It really kills me that BMW hasn't figured out a way to make the

M6 at a reasonable price. 80,000 pounds sterling, which

translates to nearly $120,000 US plus the usual taxes will put

this newest M car more expensive than the Porsche Turbo.

That my friends ... Is really getting outta hand!!

New styling

I was thinking of this the other day. My first BMW was a 1976 2002. I loved that car, it was fun to drive and easy to work on. Needless to say, I was hooked. My next BMW was a brand new 1998 E-36 328i. I loved the way it looked and everything else about it. When the new E-46 came out in 1999 I was glad I had the last year of the E-36 because I hated the way the E-46 looked. I slowly warmed up to the styling of the E-46 then in 2000 when I saw the M3 I thought it was , imo, one of the best looking BMW's made.( I love the early to mid 70's 3.0 cs series, and the mid to late 6 series cars) I bought a 2001 330xi and then a 2003 M3 and now I rarely see a E-36 that looks better the an E-46. I guess the point is I don't know how I'm gonna warm up to the new styles that BMW are putting out. At this point, I don't care much for any of the new styles. I don't see how they can improve the M3, it is one of the best looking cars on the road today. Of course I'm biased as hell.[:D]

Regards

epj3

gra8fuldd said:
It really kills me that BMW hasn't figured out a way to make the

M6 at a reasonable price. 80,000 pounds sterling, which

translates to nearly $120,000 US plus the usual taxes will put

this newest M car more expensive than the Porsche Turbo.

That my friends ... Is really getting outta hand!!
Hm i dont think that is anywhere close. I'd guess half that. Not even the Alpina cost that much. Hell, you can buy a 7 series for that much. I think the cars are going to be priced just a little higher than the current ones.

ILuvBMW

I think it looks fine in the pic, but it will look great in real life. I also think they should have left the engine as an I-6, and kept it as a coupe.

achen said:
wait.. the next M3 will be sedan ??
Yes. The sedans will be odd numbers so the next M sedan will be called M3 and the coupe will be M4, not M3 like we're used to. Just like the M5 sedan and M6 coupe.

The fronts are tolerable, but yet again, the rear ends on the new BMWs are

to Bangle