Will 20's Fit on a E36?

I'm sure that somewhere out there is a dub that will fit under an e36.

But considering the stories I've heard about problems getting them to fit under an e46 M3, I wouldn't even attempt it.

your braking will suck with those too. unless you spend a billion dollars on forged wheels, they are going to be sooooooo heavy. IMHO 18's are as big as one should go with an E36, and even then you need to be werey of the weight that comes with it.

just my $0.02

carcus

1000 Post Club
sstrawsb said:
What the biggest size you would go without losing torque?
20 inch and you will loose alot of torque, lot of weight and low end loss. Rubbing might be a problem. Yea, they might look nice....but when you need to merge on a highway.....and the ride WILL SUCK!!!! One small pot hole...the rims will scream.."WHO IS YOUR DADDY!"

I like my 17", could have got 18", but liked the ride of the 17's. My opinion, on a E36, stay away from anything over 18"

20's will NOT fit on a E36...I've done a lot of investigating and have become real personal with the guy at Discount Tire. Only a few 19's will fit and I even had a hell of a time finding 18's that will fit with the right offset and bolt pattern. I'm going on my 3rd set of wheels and tires in less than a year trying to find the right ones that fit AND look good.
I have a 96 328iC, the first set was 540 sport reproduction rimes from voxx 18x8...I kept bending them with those damn pirrelli tires, next(current) is a set of 17's 17x7 and 17x8, I then put lowered springs on and with 245's on the rear it just barely rubs and I don't like the way they look. I just received my new 18's that I had made with a custom offset by Boyd Coddington (Shyster's) and am now awaiting my car to come back home from the body shop(oops). There is a M3 that comes into my dealership with 19's on it and it looks real sharp, but those are few and far between.
If any of that helps, great...if I was just rambling on...sorry!!

shaunconditbmw said:
20's will NOT fit on a E36...I've done a lot of investigating and have become real personal with the guy at Discount Tire. Only a few 19's will fit and I even had a hell of a time finding 18's that will fit with the right offset and bolt pattern. I'm going on my 3rd set of wheels and tires in less than a year trying to find the right ones that fit AND look good.
I have a 96 328iC, the first set was 540 sport reproduction rimes from voxx 18x8...I kept bending them with those damn pirrelli tires, next(current) is a set of 17's 17x7 and 17x8, I then put lowered springs on and with 245's on the rear it just barely rubs and I don't like the way they look. I just received my new 18's that I had made with a custom offset by Boyd Coddington (Shyster's) and am now awaiting my car to come back home from the body shop(oops). There is a M3 that comes into my dealership with 19's on it and it looks real sharp, but those are few and far between.
If any of that helps, great...if I was just rambling on...sorry!!
THANK YOU GUYS THAT HELPS ALOT[thumb]

20's

[^] Yeah to help you out about the 20's. I have a 1994 M3 and i got 20's on it and they fit fine. Everything is fine with car to. the only i did but i didt have to do was i cut the existing wheel arches off and put fatter ones on but thats only so my body kit flowed wit the car but 20's fit nicely in the wells.[wave]

Re: 20 inch wheels

Believe you would need an aluminum bat to roll and stretch wheel well flares. If you go with the 20's, good luck. [thumb]

I have 18 inch PGII's with Kumo 225/40's. Ride is excellant, road handling excellant, looks-excellant.

Now have NOS installed. Track time in high 15's utilizing manual shifting(auto trans), red lining at 6500, no spare tire, rest of car clean.

On to road racing folks. Just for sh---and grins [driving] [wave]