My Quick Thought About Cabrios.

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
I have seen the trend and I decided this...

BMW convertibles make other people think that you are trying to show off. It puts you in a different category. Convertibles in general are basically show-cars.. but expensive ones basically makes a statement: "I have money and I am showing it".

Just my $.02[:o]

Yup, but convertibles are all about the look dude. When I go to Florida, we have this 92 or 94 Mercedes SL600 roadster and I always drive it with the top down. When I am driving, A LOT of people look because it just naturally draws ridiculous attention...but I just try to look straight ahead and pay attention to enjoying the drive...because that's what I'm interested in. [driving]

Interesting point.

I think you'll find that a lot of people would say this about all BMW's...

I don't agree with it, but I'm sure some of my friends think that I just bought a BMW to show that I have money. I don't give a sh*t what they think...it's my money. I make my own choices, for my own reasons...hoo boy...I'm startin to preach.[rolleyes]

ILuvBMW

I think that some people just want to have a car that they can put the top down and enjoy the ride in. When i become a trillionaire([hihi] ), I'm gonna buy a 360 Spider.

I dont know about that necessarily. Convertables do draw attention in general but i dont really get the vibe that the person driving one is trying to show off. The 3 series cabrio is awesome but i wouldnt say that it is a showy one, at least not like a ferrari or a porsche. I guess for me I never get the vibe that someone is showing off even if I see a really pricey convertables around unless, like Mr. Elussive pointed out, the way they drive gives off that vibe, such as if they stare back at you and give you like a smug look, or rev the engine and accelerate unnecessarily, basically trying to draw attention to themselves. It's more about the way the driver trys to look in the car rather than the car itself. Just because someone is fortunate enough to drive a nice car, doesnt give others the right to judge them. I guess thats my 2 cents.

I think that some people just want to have a car that they can put the top down and enjoy the ride in. When i become a trillionaire( ), I'm gonna buy a 360 Spider.
Amen ILuvBMW's! Now you’re talking. If there is any car in this world I would rather have than anything else, it would be a Ferrari. My BMW will settle for now though.....lol [:D]

epj3

If someone wants the look, imho...they'd buy a mercedes or a jag. Neither of the companies are talked about as being very nice and fun/good driving cars. I think BMW's are for those who can afford a nice car, but the joy of driving and owning a quality machine is more imporant than image. Of course, there ARE those out there who buy bmw's because they think it gives them a good image (like some guy who we were laughing at before the forum switched over, for having a fake M3 and making fun of 92 318's).

jcortney

PuShAkOv said:
I have seen the trend and I decided this...

BMW convertibles make other people think that you are trying to show off. It puts you in a different category. Convertibles in general are basically show-cars.. but expensive ones basically makes a statement: "I have money and I am showing it".

Just my $.02[:o]
Sorry dude, I just don't agree. I had a Porsche 996 Coupe and loved the car but bought an M3 Cab because the top didn't go down and I think the P-Cabs look like crap.

Had nothing to do with money or anyone else. I just like convertables.

flashinthepan

Just buy & drive what you like -

I used to think the old bald man with a beer gut fit the stereotype of a "Corvette" owner.

But hey if thats what turns them on, what the heck ! Dont ruin someones dream.

I have since decided to just throw the talk out the window, and who cares about the "Prestige" anyways ?...BMW makes a nice car, good enough for me.

Who really cares what anyone drives ?, other than your own car. I will be proud to drive my 330cic when it arrives, regardless as to what anyone may say or think.

Flash
[driving]

mrtm

///M SPEED said:
Amen ILuvBMW's! Now you’re talking. If there is any car in this world I would rather have than anything else, it would be a Ferrari. My BMW will settle for now though.....lol [:D]
That's my mentality...Planning to get an M3 till I can get a Ferrari 360 Spider!

BMW convertibles make other people think that you are trying to show off.
Some people may see it that way, but it isn't necessarily true.

I love the open air feel of my boat and my motorcycle. (And no, I don't own a boat or bike that comes ANYWHERE close to being BMW equivalent in quality or price.)

The cab just gives that same open air, moving fast in the wind feeling. It makes me feel good!!!!