E60 ///M5 Pictures!!!!!

It sort of lost it's aggressive edge with the slanted front and back lights. Something about it doesn't really look right. I'm just not into the new 5's. It'll grow on me like the 7's because we have no choice.

It's official! THE CAR IS UGLY.

I wonder what the next example will look like & how soon it will arrive.I wonder how they will can Bangle in a media friendly way."Chris Bangle is being promoted to a more developemental position,integral to the companies lifestyle division."

I actually like it. I have very few problems with the new designs coming out. They can look japanese as much as they want, but as long as they're not made like one and sold like one, then I'll be just fine. After all, a BMW is still a BMW, not a Toyota or Honda or Chrysler or whatever.

rjp325i

The old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I still don't like it and I am not willing to part with 80+ big ones for an M5 with ugly design. I want something I can drive AND enjoy looking at.

Not only did BMW mess up the design, reliability became pretty bad too. I heard it on the radio, VW is the last one on the list, BMW and MB are very close to beign last. Hyundai (sp?) is one of the better ones. The world is coming to an end, and Bangle is the evil creation from hell that kills The Ultimate Driving Machine.

andreyiv said:
Not only did BMW mess up the design, reliability became pretty bad too. I heard it on the radio, VW is the last one on the list, BMW and MB are very close to beign last. Hyundai (sp?) is one of the better ones. The world is coming to an end, and Bangle is the evil creation from hell that kills The Ultimate Driving Machine.
what the [Censored][Censored][Censored][Censored] are you talking about

The truth is coming out about who really likes BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BMW WILL ALWAYS BE A BMW!

I bet you didnt know that bangle created the 95-01 7 did yea or how about the older 5... he created that to!

Last edited:

epj3

ooo000HITMAN000ooo said:
what the [Censored][Censored][Censored][Censored] are you talking about

The truth is coming out about who really likes BMW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BMW WILL ALWAYS BE A BMW!

I bet you didnt know that bangle created the 95-01 7 did yea or how about the older 5... he created that to!
um...didnt you sign up on this forum with another username then get banned?? [confused]

Dude, I didn't yell at you because you said it looks nice so don't yell at me for saying it looks bad, respect other's opinion. You are right, the truth is coming out, you like BMW because of the name and I liked the previous models because of their design, reliability and performance, you on the other hand try to like something that you didn't before, as I see it every step BMW takes is right for you even though it may be wrong. What if BMW made an exact copy of the world's crappiest, most unreliable and ugliest car, I'm sure you'd still love it because it has a BMW badge on it. You are BMW's groupie who BMW even if they'd shit on you. Just because it was made by BMW doesn't mean it's right.

rjp325i

If BMW were satisfied with the reviews its getting for its products they wouldn't be making serious design changes for the upcoming revised 7 series. The current model 5 has been moving out of the dealers lots at a increasingly brisk pace without any special incentives. This does not bode well for the acceptance of the new 5. The i-drive is a serious drawback on the 7 which BMW is trying to simplify on the new 5. The acceptance or rejection by the buying public will determine Chris Bangle's future. Change for the sake of change is nonsense and BMW does not and should have to make a different design ugly in much of the buying public's mind. BMW does have some reliablity and other problems as well. The current X5 3.0 with the standard suspension got raked over pretty well in the current Consumer Reports issue. It seems it lifts its inside wheels off the ground during the emergency handling part of the test evaluation for SUVs. In any case reliability has suffred in all models the last couple of years. Even the 3 series has problems that have it no longer check rated in Consumer Reports. While many of us disagree with the magazine at times, these ratings reflect a statistically accurate representation of the current owners and their problems as well as their likes. BMW may be trying to be too big and I feel it may lose something in the process. The company almost went bankrupt once and was very nearly sold by the Quandt family. Fortunately for us the family had a change of heart and the 2002 was the outcome and saved the company. Lets hope intelligent decisions are made by those in charge and decisions are made to build what the public will like and buy and not to be just different.