Warranty?

nubmw

if you plan to keep your car more than 4 years, do you guys think getting an extended warranty is a good decision?

does anyone has any extended warranty on their car? can you guys explain how much is it and what is covered?

thanks

Most extended warranties that I've seen covers the same thing the original warranty covers. As for price, I couldn't tell ya, u have to do that research on ur own. Different places have different pricing plans. I know that if ur still under ur original warranty period u can purchase an extended warranty from the dealer, if not then u have to go out and get a "generic" extended warranty.

I was looking into this myself and found out some interesting things. First, you can't get an extended warranty from a dealership if you didn't purchase your car there. Therefore, if you bought it through private sales, then you would have to go with a third party. I had 32,000 miles on my 323CI when I inquired about getting an extended warranty and it was going to cost me around $2,000 for a 2yr 100,000 mile extension from Heritage. There are many others out there and I think your dealership will be more than happy to share that information with you. By the way, I chose to not go with the coverage only b/c I have faith in my vehicle and saw it as a waste. This is ONLY my opinion based on how much I drive my vehicle and how well I maintain it. It really depends from one bimmer to the next. Hope this shed some light on your situation.[;)]

I recently bought a 2000 328i from a non-BMW dealer with 28,000 miles on it and was able to purchase a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty for only $2k. I thought it was worth it. Seven more years is pretty good considering what it would cost if you have any type of problems. With BMW's even the smallest of problems can turn into pocket draining experience.

Personally, if I bought my car new and took good care of it, I would NOT consider an extended warranty. Extended warranties are priced so that, chances are, you will lose in the long run. The companies offering these warranties know this---that's how they make their money!

If your car was bought used and you don't know if it was broken in properly or how it was maintained, or if you have reason to believe that there is a major repair in your near future, then an extended warranty could be worth consideration.