intake help!

carcus

1000 Post Club
Pass on them all, not worth it in my opinion. At normal speed, you will get NO benifit from a CAI. They get their air from high speed cold air being forced into the MAF. They sell them all over though....from 300 plus bucks to 50 bucks......

Just like exhaust systems....catbacks from 1000 bucks to a simple muffler.....not worth it for the dollar to HP ratio uless you just want sound. Not a slam....just trying to save you some bucks.

Active Autowerke has a killer intake kit...it has a heat sheild on it so really DOES make a difference...I forget the exact number it gave me (i said it in another post) some where around 5hp. As far as exhaust HKS "Klasse" is very good exhaust...you can hardly notice it when you just driving around..but when you punch it it really opens up and gives you a deep throaty sound...i can't tell you exact hp cause my old exhaust (stock) had a bad hole it in (off roading) so the dyno said it gave me around 11hp...but it's not accurate...i'm guessing 5-9ish...plus it's like 549 as apose to 1000 (estrictlyforeign.com)