Upgrading my 2001 330ci

J8ke

Ok guys I am new here so bear with me while I get familiar. I have a 2001 330ci bmw and I am looking on some advice on what can be done to increase/modify for speed. I ride motorcycles and I will say this car is very fast... I am still always looking for more speed. I have heard some advice from locals here like adding a chip - K&S air filters - exhaust. My question is... are there any negatives to doing something like this (emissions control? I am in NC) and also... are there different chips? Where do I buy theses chips? (dealer? I doubt that) and is it really worth it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jake

I know it made a difference for me. I got a CAI, software upgrade, shortshifter, and an exhaust that made me take more control of my car. I love it and I know you will too. I would always recommend at least starting with the basics like I have. There is absolutely no way you can regret it. However, picking brands and quality is always important so please check out Dinan's website since I can speak from experience. [thumb]