Lack of bass

x3dre

The Harman Kardon system in my brand new 2003 model 330d Sports has a severe lack of bass in the low end Hz...

I used the have a 318 2000 model with a HK installed from factory and it was brilliant sounding...

I perplexed as to why the sound of the bass is so lacking ???

I have also taken it back to the dealer and they can't find a fault in the unit...

So I reckon there has been a change in spec' since my 2000 318 model of HK ...

Has anyone else had a similar problem

Tia

Dre

willbree

Yo betta go pick you up some jl audio sub bass enclosures..
along with an amp to push them... theyll give you all the bass you need...

i had the same problem

x3dre

willbree said:
Yo betta go pick you up some jl audio sub bass enclosures..
along with an amp to push them... theyll give you all the bass you need...

i had the same problem
Can u give me more details on these units please I'm not that aware on ICE pieces [;)]

Tia

Dre

there are actually quite a few ways you could go about doing this. The biggest questions are: How much do you want to spend? and how much do you like trunk space??

x3dre

kev415 said:
there are actually quite a few ways you could go about doing this. The biggest questions are: How much do you want to spend? and how much do you like trunk space??
Ok anything from £200 to £400 ...

I can't believe though that the specification of the Harman Kardon has changed so much from a 2000 318 which was gr8 to a 2003 330d Sports ...[:(] [eek]

RCIZME

The entire HK "premium sound system" is crap. The head unit ISN'T HK .. the amps and speakers are HK but middle of the road stock. Let an installer that you trust install a system worthy of being in a BMW.

Fun flies when you're having time!