Exterior difference betwen 325 and 330 ?

the headlights on the 325 have a black houseing where the 330 has an aluminum/titanium houseing i havent been paying attention much but the grills are all chrome on the 330 and black in the center of the 325 right? i dont remember.

I think it's just the headlight housing. My 325 has chrome insides of the grill too. If they don't have aftermarket rims, that's usually the easiest way to tell from a distance.

As mentioned, headlight housing (at least on facelifted models), and black vs. silver headlight trim. Also, black vs. body color trim on the trunk, and silver gauge rings (if you're able to peek inside). I'm not positive of this, but I think another difference is that the 330 also has chrome trim around the doors and chrome exhaust tips.

It's hard to tell the difference between the 2004 3-series Coupes...they both have the same front setup. The 2003 Coupes (and previous models)...the 330Ci models had chrome trim around the fog lights; that's what made it obvious to me. Now, I can only tell by looking at the rims.

I didn't notice any trim on my trunk. I got chrome exhaust tips, but I believe there used to be a member here who had to buy and install them on his 03 325ci. I didn't pay anything extra on mine. I thought it all came stock. Anyways, I have chrome exhaust tips and chrome trim around the doors. Not sure what trim exists on the trunk. I'll attach a picture of my rear which shows pretty much everything. The only thing that looks different from my friend's 330ci exterior that I can remember (aside the from the headlight surround) is the rims.

codex57 said:
Not sure what trim exists on the trunk. I'll attach a picture of my rear which shows pretty much everything. The only thing that looks different from my friend's 330ci exterior that I can remember (aside the from the headlight surround) is the rims.
Codex, I probably should have used a better choice of words... What I meant was the piece directly above the license plate---the part you grab when you open the trunk. Yours matches your paint, but on a 325, that piece would be black.

the spec's that i know furnish the 330 with chrome tips stockwise. all lower models have the steel tips. sure, you can get the chrome on a 320. the grill is only chromed at the 330, too. but that was dais numerous times, heh? [;)]

achen said:
When I see a E46 coupe without emblem, where can I tell if it's 325ci or 330ci, just from outside ?
I just read this and I have an easy answer to your question. It is probably a 325 model because the owner is conceited and decided to take off the badge, hoping people would think it's a 330 model instead.

wow, cool. According to you guys, and from what other 325 owners have said, I got a dealer or factory fixed up 325. I remember Dannylndo (sp?) saying he had to buy and install the chrome exhaust tips and my rear bumper trim is painted already. I wonder how that happened. Now if only they had given me the 330 rims and engine. I can live w/out the gauge rings and headlight surround. [:D]