One thing you love the most about your BMW?

Just thought we should break in this new forum interface with some positive vibes and some reasoning as to why we all sit here and read forums all day about our BMW's -

Question: What is the one thing you love the most about your BMW?

Answers should include your car type/specs, and if you can, a picture.

I love the way my car feels in the handling/steering. When I go without driving my car for over a day, I actually miss feeling the steering wheel. If I have to drive someone else's car for awhile (vacationing, etc), one of things top on my list about what I miss about home is driving my car.

Specs:
2000 328i Premium Sound, Sports package, Huper Optik Tint

george

1000 Post Club
stinkfinger said:
I love the way my car feels in the handling/steering. When I go without driving my car for over a day, I actually miss feeling the steering wheel. If I have to drive someone else's car for awhile (vacationing, etc), one of things top on my list about what I miss about home is driving my car.

Specs:
2000 328i Premium Sound, Sports package, Huper Optik Tint

exactly what you said!!!!!!!!

note:sorry for the poor quality of these pics[confused]

Last edited:
Perfect blend of driving pleasure and comfort/practicality makes it the perfect car for me. I am simply amazed how BMW got all together so well in one package.

Thanks for the birthday wishes - my gift from my wife was my Huper Optik Tint on my BMW (shown in picture). I LOVE the tint. Completes the look.

Another thing that I think rulez - the automatic windshield wipers. I know its a tiny thing, and it doesn't rain much in Bay Area, but when it does, the automatic windshield wipers make my day for some reason. I think its because I always hated the wipers on my old car (wack, wack, wack, wack, puts anyone to sleep). I used to manually turn them on and off because they never seemed to work at the proper speed. Its the little things like these that make me love my car.

-Stink

how much was your huper tint? Thinking of getting it cuz V-Cool seems to cost WAY too much. I like the luxury/sport blend too, although I could use a little more hp. Still, no one has gotten a car to ride so smoothly yet handle so well like BMW has.

Good color choice by the way.

in the 330i it has to be the great handling and power it can handle in the turns, in my e30 its just the all around car i love that thing to death. sport/premium package, 17 inch chrome wheels, HK system, black leather soon to be equipped with Dinan stage 2 chip and Dinan or other brand C.A.I. trying to make that 3.0 give me all its got.

Call it the "feel" or whatever you want... everyone on this board understands it. My favorite thing happens at the moment I look out ahead of me at a winding country road, adjust my sunglasses, click the music up a notch, and step on the accelerator. It's like the whole history of art and engineering have conspired to create that moment just for my enjoyment. How sweet it is!

Codex -

You're down in SoCal so you should get a slightly better price (I've heard that LA has many dealers). Right now, there are only 2 Huper Optik tint shops in all of Bay Area. Paid $440 (that included edging). Yours should be less, probably around $350, because you have the coupe. I looked into VCOOL, but it just didn't look as cool. I wanted something that made a statement - the pictures don't really do the Huper Optik justice - it just makes your windows look so natural.

Here's the back of my car (to get better view of my tint)

So far, some really nice quotes and cars - keep them comin!

-stink

I like all the little things like the dimming mirror, the side mirror that tilts down. I love the adaptive xenons! They are awesome! I also like how the HK system volume goes up and down as you speed up and slow down.

hjimzaf -

I'm posting images using the same image code, but it actually resolves to a full URL. Your URL looks to come from some file you uploaded to the forum? Since the change, I think you have to reload your file. You can probably get help in one of the other discussion groups about the forum itself. I think you can also attach a file.....

I agree - the side view tilting mirror is AWESOME. I don't know how I parrallel parked without it before.

-Stink

BTW -

I'm heading down to SD for a wedding in about 2 hours for the weekend - so I won't be able to reply until Sunday night to any further questions. Just wanted to add, I'm already apprehensive about driving rental car and missing my Beemer.

-Stink

pb1856

Simply, cause it is a BMW!! Love everything there is about my first Bimmer!! Got it 2 months ago and am hooked, can't think of a bad thing. What a difference in handling, compared to the piece of crap '99 Cougar I had prior.

Attachments

What's not to like?! I love my car. The ride is smooth, the steering is so responsive, the interior comforts, the way it looks! And the reaction you get from someone who doesn't have the pleasure of owning one!!

2000 323i
-sports package w/ black leather + wood grain
-tint