Anyone integrate your garage door opener with your e46?

J

JamieD22

Just wondering what others have done to avoid carrying their garage door opener around in the car. Dealers state a $400+ installation on integrating the signal... Frustrating knowing that '94 Lincoln vehicles have this feature standard... [scream]

Anyone have some experience with this one?

JamieD222,

I just completed installing the UGDO in my wifes 2000 328Ci. Piece of cake! It is a 5-10 Minute job. Takes longer to program it and even that is simple.

Go to Google and find "Circle BMW." They usually have the best prices for add on stuff. I got the UGDO and the Alarm system from them and it was the best price I found from 3 different dealers.

The one thing that bugs me about the UGDO is that it doesn't work unless the key is in the number 2 position.
With my wife's Explorer (Eddie Bauer), the UGDO is standard and it operates my garage door regardless of whether the key is in the ignition or not.
Perhaps I'm just used to the Eddie Bauer, but I can think of a bunch of reasons why it would be more convenient to have the UGDO operate anytime.
Anyway, I'm done complaining. At least I've got the UGDO, which I much prefer than not having one at all.

J

JamieD22

Sounds like a safety feature. It eliminates the possibility of someone gaining access to your home! I was actually wondering about that as well, I like the idea of having to use a key... [thumb]

If it's for security reasons, then I'm ok with it. I can see how that can be very important especially for those that park their bimmers outside. [:D] (I keep all my vehicles in the garage.) Again, I've just become used to the functionality of my Explorer's UGDO. ...sure would have been nice to have this as a "Vehicle Memory Setting." Thanks.