Short Shift

UWbeast

Hey,

I just got a short shift kit, and was wondering if those of you who have installed them have any advice for me before I start working. Thanks Guys. Steve

UWbeast

Hey again,

After completeing this modification, definately reccomend it to anyone. I never realized hoe much of a difference it would really make. Go for the short shifts, theres some good ones out there!! Anyone else know good 318i mods? Or where there are high quality dash kits available?

Steve

Steve-

Glad you are enjoying it so much! Hope you didn't have to much trouble getting that old bearing out.

Shoot me an email, I've got a list of cheep mods to get more power out of her.

We've also got dash kits available...

Thanks again man!

UWbeast

Hey,

Lowen hooked my up with a great kit for my 318i. It had everything and fit perfectly! Good luck getting the bearing out. Steve

Hi! I am new to this forum. It is such a great tool! Do any of you know where can I get a Short shift for my 84' 318 I,how hard is to install it? How much cost and where can I get it?
Thank you to everyone.

i'm not positive it'll fit, but i don't see why since it fits in the 325's... but get the z3 shifter kit (or z4 if u want the same amount of throw, but a lower sitting knob)... i'm gonna have to get back to you about where u can get it, but it comes w/ pretty much everything you need... and the best part, IT'S ONLY 70 BUCKS!!!!

$70.00 it is a good deal. Now, what is the level of difficulty to install it? I know I can do it. Is it necessary to drop the tranny to replace the short throw shifter? Thanks in advance for your promp response.
Please help!

Joe

Im looking for a short shifter kit for my 1988 325...the year that they made just the 325 without the suffix, anyway. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can go online to get one? Im havin a hard time finding one. I looked on Ebay and they all look cheap...does anyone know if they are? Email me at: Loverboy_gmw@hotmail.com and let me know. Thanks!

Ben

hey nice car Bimmerboy, I have the exact same one in the same color. Mine does have a short shifter in it but it was there when i bought it, I dont know where it came from. I know Bavarian Auto and Turner motorsports have a few, just search around on the web.

OreoGaborio said:
i'm not positive it'll fit, but i don't see why since it fits in the 325's... but get the z3 shifter kit (or z4 if u want the same amount of throw, but a lower sitting knob)... i'm gonna have to get back to you about where u can get it, but it comes w/ pretty much everything you need... and the best part, IT'S ONLY 70 BUCKS!!!!
arrrghh you beat me to it, lol. short shift kits are expensive, and the z3/4 (knob height preference) is the best way to go about it!
sheesh, took me forEVER to find this pic!

a bit OT but i like to save money in mods by using other bimmer models parts, so i built a new afm out of a 3.5 liter car..... i'd just LOVE to freekin hook it up, but i cant find the right duct elbow to go to the throttle housing. on top of that, i would put a cone filter on, but i want the larger airbox so it all looks stock. any ideas, lowen ;)

flashinthepan

STILL.....YES....STILL !!!!

Waiting for my "pre-paid" UUC EVO3 for a "6-speed"....

Item was paid for 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Every phone call brings a new excuse....for the delay.

1st it was..."need the bushings"
now its..."need to build the bottom half"

WTF ??????

------------------

UUC is not the place to order from, unless perhaps they have something "in stock".

[mad] [mad] [mad]