Man, i HATE school!!!!!!!!

Dave8812

My stupid school is making me read 2 books this summer which i havent read yet and its almost time to start school. They are-The Shining, by Stephen King and Skinwalkers by Tony Hillerman. I REALLY need a good place to find some book notes. Places like sparknotes didnt have those two. if anyone has a good site suggestion that would be awsome. or if you have absolutely nothing to do your MOST welcome to surf the net and tell me if you find something. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.[?|]

Miz

Try coles notes.....I don't know if that's just for Canada but when I was in school...Coles was my best friend!!!
Hope that helps....other than that....just watch the movie (The Shining) hahah that's what I would do if I couldn't find the notes...hahaha
Miz.
ps. I left school early one day and never went back...hahahaa[fake]
I know I know....I'm not setting a good example for my little sister.....lol

only two? when i was in high school we had to read four, and usually they were classics, not good books like the shining. you should consider yourself lucky...........

wow, i sound so much older than 18 right now[:D]

Dave8812

PBS actually made a very small production on Skinwalkerss that i just found out about the other day. Im not sure how close the movie is to the book but im hopeing that i can get enough info from it. Cause im pretty sure that they give a quiz when school starts.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
books are better

You can never trust the movie. Every once in a while someone will get a wild hair up their @ss and decide to film a movie that is close to the same storyline as the book. Most of the time they are damn near completely different. Besides, It's only two books. I read at least six four hundred page books a month.

ILuvBMW

I got you covered man. Heres a list of some sites- pinkmonkey.com
freebooknotes.com
antistudy.com
bookrags.com
madnotes.com
lazynerds.com
Okay, there ya go. I just happen to know those, I don't use them or anything[paranoid]

ILuvBMW said:
I got you covered man. Heres a list of some sites- pinkmonkey.com
freebooknotes.com
antistudy.com
bookrags.com
madnotes.com
lazynerds.com
Okay, there ya go. I just happen to know those, I don't use them or anything[paranoid]
[:D] ...Never read the Shining, though skinwalkers I read in like 2 days. As I remember, the PBS movie wasn't that far off from the book.

Man, hope my av. and sig. work!

Glad I graduated, fortunately when I was still in school I never had to read books over summer vacation. I knew quite a few unfortunate people that had to though.[fake]

Dave8812

Thanks a lot for the info guys. Every frikin' site i tried didnt have either of the books. But i think i now know that the movies will do just fine. Thanks again!!!!

epj3

I never read books for school, they all suck, i dont give a crap about an old man out in the ocean! The great gatsby, that book ROCKED, but that was it.

Man, life sucks. All I had to do this summer was work 40+ hour weeks, make dinner, run the taxi service, do the laundry, clean bathrooms, vacuum...and that's just the surface. I bought two books, but haven't had time to read them yet.

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
Dave8812 said:
My stupid school is making me read 2 books this summer which i havent read yet and its almost time to start school. They are-The Shining, by Stephen King and Skinwalkers by Tony Hillerman. I REALLY need a good place to find some book notes. Places like sparknotes didnt have those two. if anyone has a good site suggestion that would be awsome. or if you have absolutely nothing to do your MOST welcome to surf the net and tell me if you find something. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.[?|]
How old are you kid? Sounds like reading is not going to hurt [hihi]

Just wait till you get older.. you will be reading for fun...[:o]

By the time you search all these sites and get all the various notes on these books you could have probably read one of them.
Who knows, maybe you will enjoy it.
Once you leave school work and family take all your spare time and you want need to worry about reading books.
Sorry if this sounds like I'm preaching but it's true.[thumb]

epj3 said:
I never read books for school, they all suck, i dont give a crap about an old man out in the ocean! The great gatsby, that book ROCKED, but that was it.
Did you just dis Hemingway? Cause if you did your ass is mine. [fake] I'm just playin. He's just my favorite author.

As for reading, all I gotta say is suck it up. I read so many books in high school it wasn't even funny, but now I can read things like a mad man. I can put out books within a couple hours. I enjoy reading now. If you sit down in a quiet place, you can knock those books out in no time.