Driving experience with a Mercedes CLK 500

I was racing my 330 Ci with/against a Mercedes CLK 500 (whose license plate was NEW CASH) in front of me on a 20 km (12 mile) stretch of Canadian highway the other day at autobahn speeds, and much to his surprise I'm sure, I was able to "tailgate" him all the way. Too bad BMW limited its North American models in speed....I mean, afterall, Car & Driver or was it some other magazine wrote that the manual BMW 330i tied the Mercedes CLK 500 automatic in 0-60 acceleration time.

I thought that was sort of fun since he was the one who was weaving in & out, cutting traffic off. Especially since that Merc has a more powerful engine and way more horsepower
Too bad the BMW has an engine cutoff....Why is that again???

This is an *old* link comparing the BMW to the old Merc CLK 430 coupe (amongst others) but still worth a browse....

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/comp....Mercedes-Benz*

The link doesn't work, and I don't know about the CLK500 vs 330Ci Manual. The 0-60 for the CLK500 is 5.7 seconds, and the 0-60 for the 330Ci Manual is 6.4 seconds. Quarter-mile times are 14.2 and 14.9 seconds for the two cars. The numbers show the CLK500 is faster and I am inclined to believe that the 5.0 liter V8 will beat the 3.0 liter I6, because the CLK500 is only 300lbs heavier, but has 75 more horses.