325i Questions... Please Help

ggrrrrrr

I got a call today from the dealer letting me know my 325i had finally arrived! I can't take delivery until tomorrow because it is getting the windows tinted in the morning and hasn't been detailed yet. I got to sit in it and have some initial questions:

1) The alarm has a simple *beep beep* that sounds nothing like the tone of the 5 series and older 7 series. (It sounds like the toyota/lexus alarms) Does the OEM alarm have multiple tones to it? I was really hoping for that specific noise. (the one Bonds 750i makes in TND) I asked about this a couple of months ago and was told the alarm made this noise...

2) Is it possible to replace the shift boot? I have black ette and the seats look great but the shift boot looks terrible. All I want is a nice black one. How much is it to get a leather one? Is it better to go OEM or aftermarket? I know the parking brake is available in leather because I found it on a search. Anyone know how much it is? Are these parts easy DIY?

Thanks for the help!

ggrrrrrr

Ok so I got the car tonight and the alarm has a little beep beep when I lock/unlock the doors. The alarm itself sounds awsome and is the sound that I want the car to make when I lock unlock the doors. Can this be programed?

billy3ci

I have an '04 325ci with black leatherette interior and my shift boot and e-brake boot are both real leather. I even emailed BMW to find out that information.

Last edited: