(((((((((((***WELCOME***)))))))))))

Miz

((((***welcome***))))

Welcome to all the new blood and to anyone that doesn't know me by now...allow me to introduce myself, My name is Mateo....better known as MIZ...or MIZZEH...or MIZZEL......you get the picture!!
I'm 20 and I drive a 2003 325 i , with some minor gravey on top. This is great forum for people like me that didn't know much about our cars among other things. So enjoy and feel free to ask as many questions as your little heart desires, and remember no question is a stupid question, unless you ask us how to turn on your car....which in that case, that would be the exception for a stupid question...hahahahaaaa [:D]
Good Day!
Miz[cheers]
ps. Feel free to comment on my little welcome speech...I hope I didn't rush it!!LOL

Last edited:
I'm a Newbie!!

I just picked up my 2003 325 iT. My wife and I compromised...she wanted a wagon, and I wanted a BMW so here I am!! I gotta say, it feels great, looks great, and I love driving it.

Question: This may show my "newbieness but, in the Owner's Manual there is a concept that is talked about a few times. It is called "Kickdown". It seems to have something to do with added acceleration or high end RPM's. Anyone lend some insight?

Pete [thumb]

Welcome!

The "kickdown" means that when you press the accelerator hard to the floor, it trips a switch called the "kickdown switch". This tells the computer that you are standing on the accelerator, presumably because you want to go fast! The transmission is forced to "kickdown" one gear to give you extra power.